Friday 19 June 2020

Ako Hiko Digital Toolkits 2020

Hi everyone!
I am back!
Yesterday, some of the kids in Te Waka Ako either presented or participated in the 2020 Digital Toolkits. I was presenting with Martin on Google Earth Tour Builder. We taught people how to use Google Earth; how to make a line, shape, use the street view feature, make a fullscreen slideshow and how to plainly add something to your project.
Here is an example that I made...
...And this is one I made; it is My Dream Trip Around The World.
If you are wondering what Digital Toolkits are, then it is an Ako Hiko event where students from different schools show other students how to do things online.
If you want to look at Martin and I's presentation then it is below.


At the toolkits, we also had to do a challenge slideshow. It had different activities to complete on it such as using a special HTML code on a blog comment while commenting on another person's blog and putting a photo of you at the toolkits onto the challenge slideshow. We also had to show what we did in each session of the toolkits and add a quick description of it.
This is my challenge slideshow:

 Also, one of the activities is to blog about the challenge slideshow which I have done on this blog post. Then, I had to link it and fill in a form to say I have blogged it. Then, I will get my 2020 Presenter and Attendee Badge. You might have noticed that on the right-hand side-bar, I have got an attendee's 2019 Digital Toolkits badge along with a 2019 Presenter Badge. That is because I attended and presented last year, too. So, those are the badges I will be getting when I fill in the form; the only difference is that they aren't from 2019, they are from this year, 2020.

If you went to the Digital Toolkits this year or any year, then tell me in the comments.
And, if you have any free time, please leave a comment.
Until next time...
Blog you later!

4 comments:

  1. Ka pai Jaimie. I enjoyed your honest reflections on the 2020 toolkits and how they compared with last year's. I'm glad you still had fun though. How do you think we could make it less annoying for presenters when we do online toolkits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Paige and I am a Year 4 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like your toolkits slide. It made me think about last year when you had toolkits. Have you thought about making a video of the meet? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.
    Thanks bye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salve Jaimie,
    Wow, what wonderful places to go!
    Did you know that the Eiffel tower was only meant to stay for 20 years? But then people saw it as an icon for Paris and wanted to keep it.
    Maybe next time you could include why you want to visit that place.
    here
    Ma te wa
    Catalina

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.