Monday 4 January 2021

Whai String Games - Monday 4th January 2021

 Kia ora, bloggers

I am back!

Today I did a string game for my Summer Learning Journey activity. First, we had to read a book about What String Games. Then, we had to take a photo of the cup and saucer that we made. I also did a bonus activity and made a video of me making the cup; and saucer and I also stepped it up a bit by filming how to do another string art, but you'll have to watch the video to see what it is!


Here is my photo of my cup and saucer:


Thank you for reading my blog post. Have you ever made a cup and saucer with string before?
If you want to check out my other Summer Learning Journey activities, then go to my SLJ folder.
Blog ya later!



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jaimie,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team. WOW - what a fantastic blog post you have done for the Whai String Games activity! I really like how you have made a very helpful and interesting video about each of the steps and what to do. I also really like the beautiful rainbow string you use!

    I am definitely awarding you BONUS POINTS for this blog post - ka pai!

    I have tried the cup and saucer a few times and am still trying to master it! When I was your age, I played string games with my brothers, but we didn't have the internet so we had to learn from reading books or by just making up our own patterns. It was pretty tricky but a lot of fun!

    You should give yourself a pat on the back for creating another fantastic blog post!

    Mā te wā - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer.

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jaimie,
    I enjoyed watching you teach us how to make a cup and saucer AND a parachute in the same video! What was the challenging part? What was the easiest part?
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
    Maddison

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.