Wednesday 2 January 2019

Describing our hometown

Hi everyone!
For Week 1 Day 1 Activity 2 for the Summer Learning Journey, we had to describe our hometown.
Here is my description:
It is rainy a lot of the time and you can see the skytower from almost anywhere. The skytower is 328m tall! It is very busy in Auckland, espesially in town. I love that there are lots of events happening all the time but overall I am glad to live in Auckland because it is very safe and we don't get much dangerous things happening like volcano eruptions or earthquakes and tsunamis.

That is my description. I hope you liked it.
Blog you later!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jaimie,

    Happy New Year! It is great to see that you are still completing Summer Learning Journey activities. This was a nice surprise and I am very excited to see more great posts from you.

    How lucky are we to live in a beautiful, vibrant city like Auckland. You are right, it does rain a bit but this means that land stays luscious and green. Our flowers get the water that they need to flourish and grow. This is why Aotearoa is known for it's beautiful scenery.

    You are right, we are lucky to live in a safe city that rarely encounters natural disasters. I used to live in Taupo and we regularly felt little earthquakes. I remember sitting at my desk one day and I heard, what I thought was a truck driving past. I then felt the ground move like a wave under my feet and the sound follow the wave. This was a very cool earthquake that I will never forget. I am lucky to have never encountered a devastating disaster.

    What kind of events do you love attending in Auckland?

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaimie
    I really liked how you put Information about the post
    Form you Friend Pao :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.