Friday 20 September 2019

Waikowhai Primary School Cross Country 2019!

Kia ora everyone! I am back!
Last Wednesday on the 11th of September, Waikowhai Primary School had our 2019 Cross Country. Though, this year it was different. Instead of just doing a run, we had to skip continuously for 15 minutes, kick goals for 15 minutes, do an obstacle course and do a run. We also had to find sponsors before the race to raise money for us. We could get prizes and all the fundraising went to fund-raise for an outdoor canopy on our school courts. I raised $32.85 and I might get more!

First, our group, the Year 5s, went to the rest station. We had a cake and ice-block if we had ordered and paid for the Cake/Ice-block Combo. We played a hand game while we waited for our next activity.  Our next activity was kicking football goals. I was really good. Then, we did the obstacle course. We had to pull a ring through a tangled rope, go through the playground, down the slide, throw balls into buckets, jump over hurdles, go through a web and climb over the climbing wall.

Then, it was time for our run. We had to do 3 laps. In the Year 5 girls, Angelina came 1st, I came second and Brittany came 3rd. Now, I get to go to Cross Country Zones! There also was a bake sale on the day.
My favourite part was the obstacle course. I liked it because it was challenging and fun at the same time.
Here are some photos:

















Thank you for reading my blog post. I hope you enjoyed it. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.