Friday 25 October 2019

Te Waka Ako Supermarket Trip 2019

Hi everyone, I am back!
On Wednesday, in separate classrooms, Te Waka Ako went to New World to look at healthy and non-healthy foods.
Over the past week, we had been doing Food For Thought lessons. Food For Thought lessons are where we get taught how to tell whether something is healthy or non-healthy. We learned to identify the different food groups, too. A lady named Isabelle taught us all this. Isabelle works for the Food For Thought company.

On Wednesday, my class, Manukau was first to go to New World, Mt Roskill. We got put into groups and we had to go around the supermarket looking for a healthy and non-healthy food groups. When we were finished, we had to put fruit & vegetables into the column with the right color that the fruit/vege is. All of this was on a sheet that Isabelle gave us. My group was:
Mahan
Tyson
Zoe
Cassie
And Me

My mum transported us to and from New World. These are the categories that our group did: (In order)
1. Breakfast Cereals
2. Bread
3. Dairy & Milk Products
4. Muesli Bars
5. Snack Foods
Once we were finished, everyone went to the fruit & veges to write them down.
At the end, our teacher got a $60 New World Voucher to buy a healthy lunch for our class. And then, we all lined up to get a free Food For Thought lunch box. On the inside of the lid, it had the different food groups that we looked at.

I had such a fun day. My favourite thing was looking at the fruit and vege because I got a lot of them. I got all of them!
Here are some photos:







I hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have any free-time, please leave a comment.
Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.