Thursday 24 December 2020

The Treasure Code: 24th December 2020: Thursday

 Hey bloggers,

I am back! This activity for Summer Learning Journey was to decipher a pigpen code. It is a special code with unique symbols for each letter.


I figured out what beach the cave was in and made my own code to decipher. Once you figure out what the code is, this is a clue to what my favourite beach is. You can try to figure out my code by clicking on the link to my slideshow.

Have fun! Have you made a pigpen code for someone to figure out before? What's your favourite beach?

Thank you for reading my blog post. If you have any free time, please feel free to leave a comment.
Blog ya later!

 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jaimie

    My name is Renee and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey Team. Ka pai on your work on this blogpost and writing a coded message using the pigpen cipher. Based on your clue (a beach in Auckland near an ice-cream shop called Movenpick) my guess is your favourite beach is Mission Bay? I really love that beach too.

    What are your favourite activities to do at the beach? Do you prefer swimming or hanging out on the sand? Personally, I really love to swim but I also enjoy playing beach games like frisbee and touch rugby on the sand.

    Do you think you will send messages to your friends and whanau using the pigpen cipher? I think it is an awesome way to send messages that most other people couldn’t understand.

    I can’t believe it is Christmas tomorrow - I am so excited! Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent mahi - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer.

    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jaimie,
    I had a lot of fun trying to figure out your code and what it says. I will keep it in mind 'till the Summer Learning Journey is finished. I'm guessing that you had a lot of fun doing this activity?
    Hope you enjoy this Summer Learning Journey and have a lot of fun!
    Maddison

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.